So my next step in my GPS logger project will be to pull the components off the breadboard and build a small prototype to gather some more real world data without needing to be so careful with it. So I figured I would take some time to describe the general layout of the current board.
I did my first test drive this morning using my arduino GPS hardware (which I will post an article about soon) running my GPX library. The most major issue I found is that apparently I have longitude and latitude swapped in my GPS example code which can be found at the dev branch on github. Here is the track I recorded this morning.
I have completed my first version of a library to [hopefully] help in the generation of GPX files on an Arduino processor. I have successful generated output that validated successful for the example code. I am going to be integrating it into my current GPS project later today so there may be some changes soon.
Finally started a generic blog for the random projects and other comments I have going on. No idea how often I’ll update but w/o being tied to a specific topic should help 🙂