I didn’t change anything with the electronic parts, but did get a new case for the data logger. I tried long and hard but could not find a way to fit the GPS antenna inside the case. The Molex connector goes to the status LED and switch shown earlier. The switch I changed from being a run/stop switch to just switching power, which allows me to get everything packaged up the night before. The usual status LEDs are inside the case, but are not visible during operation, which seems to be ok.
The board doesn’t line up with any of the mounting holes, even REV:B which I added mounting holes do not line up, I am pretty sure I can modify the board to fit these mounting holes though. Over all this case it larger then I would like, hopefully with some other modifications I can get the size down a bit. Putting it into this case did stabilize the device quite a bit, I had a good run which I will talk about in another post where it did not reset all day and churned out some very nice data.