We finally had some good snow move in, in the last 3 days around 12″ fell making for some good skiing. I logged today with the Skiing GPS Logger in it brand new case and got a TON of data. In previous runs the datalogger would periodicity reset, I’m guessing due to a short in its old case or need to be manually reset for what ever reason. After moving to this new case, it did not need to be reset all day! Also all of the data was written in a single file indicating that it did not reset it self all day.
I managed to cover a good part of the mountain today. The image above was generated by Merkaartor. There are a couple bugs in my software right now where it doesn’t close some tags, but the idea is that the files generated should be able to be opened directly by anything that can read GPX format, so I have some things to look at there. After running a quick sed script to close the tags the data imported nicely. I believe this is the first run I have done since upping the sampling rate to 5hz and it makes a huge difference.
If you look at the image above, the upper right trail was a mogul run, while I didn’t stay in a perfect line the side to side isn’t more then a few yards, other then that the trail is pretty strait. The accelerometer goes crazy when going over the bumps ( and when falling down onto them ) but I haven’t come up with a good way to visualize that yet, but now I have 52,341 good data points to play with so I should be able to come up with something.